- Sentence Types assignment. Students took home a note sheet that explained: simple, compound, complex, and compound-complex sentences. They are to write two examples of each sentence based around a common topic or theme.
- Science Notes: Students are to finish their Cornell style notes for Ch 5 in Chemistry as well as answer questions on page 134-135 (#s 2,3,5-7).
- Spelling worksheet: Students are to complete two boxes from the assignments.
- Current Events to share for tomorrow.
- Home Reading
- Math weekly review #7 as well as the questions from the Smartboard.
- Skating, December 2
- Mary Poppins, December 8
- Christmas Concert Dates to come!
- Students need to be using their agendas regularly.
- If you are away, it is the student's responsibility to find out and complete what was missed. They should ask a friend or reliable class mate or see me personally. Also, if a student knows they will be away, please let me know so I can have the materials ready in advance.
- Peer Tutoring will be starting next week. Students who are struggling will have the opportunity to get help from peers as well as myself. Math tutoring will be available on Tuesdays and Thursdays and help with Reading will be available on Wednesdays and Thursdays. Students will need to bring their materials and come ready to work!
- Math students: Students are expected to be completing around 20 minutes of work per night. They should be regularly practicing their timetable and watching Khan Academy videos on our topic. Students usually have a weekly review and one or two assignments to complete per week. It is the same pattern every week all year. We do take time out to enjoy Math games from time to time but most weeks are structured in the same way.